AUSTIN, Texas– June 26, 2018 – The International Game Developers Association (IGDA) and Plan C Ventures, LLC today announced the schedule and speakers for the 2018 IGDA Game Leadership Summit presented by Xsolla (USA), taking place at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, TX on Thursday and Friday, September 13-14.
The Summit features a diverse slate of executives who exemplify the best leadership practices in the industry. The event is focused on helping individual leaders at all levels within the industry maximize business performance and professional success as they navigate the rapidly changing interactive entertainment field.
1. Management Excellence: Managers, executives, business owners and entrepreneurs will learn competencies essential to running smart, effective game businesses, at scales from small team to thousand-plus person studio. From planning ahead for success to navigating risk and positioning for growth, topics include:
– Keeping It Real: Creating, Sharing, and Executing a Company Vision
– The Turnaround: Leading teams from Crisis to Victory
– No Office, No Pants: Running a Virtual Studio
– Considerations Before Starting a Game Studio
– One (Story) Game at a Time: Tales from the First 5 Years of an Indie Game Studio
– Ways to Grow and Sustain a Successful Game Studio
– From Good to Great: How to Build and Sustain High Performing Teams
– Your Lawyer as Paladin
– What Your Publisher Wishes You Knew About Management
2. Professional Leadership: Game professionals at all stages of their careers and across all disciplines who seek to better manage their careers and acquire leadership skills will learn to improve their decision making, planning and problem solving. Topics include:
– The Terrible Transition! Or “I’ve Been Promoted – What Do I Do Now?”
– 30 Concrete Changes To make your Team more Sustainable
– The Soft Skills Needed to Succeed in Game Development
– Advocating for Yourself When Your Manager Doesn’t, Can’t or Won’t
– Radical Candor: Being an Asshole is Already 2nd Best
– SURPRISE! Your Feedback Sucks
– Leading From the Front
– Building a Culture of Opportunity
– Chris Natsuume, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Boomzap
– Dani McKenzie, Operations Jedi, Amazon Game Service and Studios
– Emily Greer, CEO , Kongregate
– Frank Coppersmith, CEO, Smarter Reality
– Greg Short, President, IEP
– Hamilton Chu, Former SVP and Executive Producer, Hearthstone, Formerly Blizzard Entertainment
– Hendrik Lesser, CEO, remote control productions
– Jean Leggett, CEO, One More Story Games
– Juan Vaca, Narrative Designer, Endless Entertainment
– Kari Toyama, Producer, Private Division
– Mojdeh Gharbi, Co-Owner/VP of Marketing & Operations, Certain Affinity
– Quoc Tran, CTO, Smarter Reality
– Rich Vogel, V. P. of Technology and Online Services, Certain Affinity
– Robin Yang, Product Manager, Code Combat
– Scott Hartsman,CEO, Trion Worlds
– Shana Bryant, Senior Producer, Private Division
– Teddy Joe, Head of IP and Commercial Legal, Zynga Inc.
– Tim Borrelli, Animator, Thekla
– Zoe Bell, Lead Producer, Big Huge Games
Additional speakers will announced soon.
Registration is open. Early bird registration before July 13 is $125 for IGDA members and $200 for non-members.
IGDA Leadership Summit is sponsored in part by Epic Games – Unreal Engine, Interactive Entertainment Professionals and University of Advancing Technology.
About the IGDA
Now in its 24th year, the International Game Developers Association is the largest non-profit membership organization serving individuals who create games. The IGDA supports and empowers game developers around the world in achieving fulfilling and sustainable careers through multiple initiatives, including connecting worldwide game developers at all stages of their careers to peers with shared interests and goals through a global network of over 150 Chapters and Special Interest Groups, advocating on issues that are important to the professional and personal success of game developers, and providing educational resources for students, game developers, and game development studios that help solve game development’s most difficult challenges and encourage collaboration and understanding across disciplines. For more information, please visit the IGDA website.
About Plan C Ventures
Plan C Ventures is led by Christopher Sherman, founder of the Austin Game Conference (AGC) and numerous other conferences and expos. He has been involved in the video game industry since 1992, having created AGC, UGO Network, Digital Kids Conference, Virtual Worlds Conference, Tech Career Expo, LivePitch Media and more. For more information, please visit the Plan C Ventures website.
Stride PR for IGDA